Ecological tourism (ecotourism, green tourism) is a form of sustainable tourism, focusing on visits relatively untouched by anthropogenic influence natural areas. Precise and generally accepted definition of ecotourism does not currently exist. One of the variants of this definition is ecotourism as an active form of recreation, based on the rational use of natural wealth. It involves the rejection of the cult of comfort, mass communications, accessibility and consumption of increasingly numerous tourist goods. In return instills a different system of values, which are contemplation of nature, spiritual enrichment from communicating with it, involvement in the protection of natural heritage and support the traditional culture of the local communities.
There are five national parks and two nature reserves in Almaty oblast, on the territory of which ecological trails and routes are led.
- Show on mapHow to get?Almaty Reserve
- Show on mapHow to get?Left Talgar River Gorge
- Show on mapHow to get?Kolsay River Gorge
- Show on mapHow to get?Verhniy Zhasylkol Lake
- Show on mapHow to get?Zhasylkol lake
- Show on mapHow to get?Alakol lake
- Show on mapHow to get?«Altynemel» State National Natural Park
- Show on mapHow to get?Charynskiy Canyon